Facebook Privacy Setting That Makes Your Identity Vulnerable
- Phone number,
- First, Middle and Last name,
- Profile picture,
- Kind of phone it pertains to,
- Version of Facebook Messenger the account holder is using,
- Whether or not somebody can push data to phones.
"With this security loophole, a person with the right knowledge can harvest the non-private details of the users who allow public access to their phone numbers, enabling the harvester to then use or sell the user details for purposes that the user may not be happy with," Moaiandin was quoted saying.
Facebook Can't Patch It, But You Can!
How to Fix Facebook Privacy Issue
- Do not share your phone number in your profile.
- Alternatively, Change the ‘default’ settings to ‘Friends only’.