Top 10 Best Operating Systems For Hackers 2016
#1 Kali Linux
Features Of Kali Linux
- Full Customisation of Kali ISOs
- The Kali Linux ISO of doom – a great example of the flexibility of live-build, and the types and complexity of customizations possible.
- Kali Linux Live USB persistence with LUKS encryption
- Kali Linux Full Disk Encryption
- Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of other interesting ARM devices
Features Of Backtrack
- One-stop-shop for all of your security needs
- Metasploit for integration
- Wi-Fi drivers supporting monitor mode (rfmon mode) and packet injection
- Cisco OCS Mass Scanner, a very reliable and fast scanner for Cisco routers to test default telnet and enabling password.
- A large collection of exploits as well as more commonplace software such as browsers.
Features Of Pentoo:
- Available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the latter having a significant speed increase from 32bit
- Includes the required environment to crack passwords using GPGPU with openCL and CUDA configured ‘out of the box'
- Built on hardened Linux, including a hardened kernel and toolchain
Hardened kernel with extra patches
- Uses a pentoo overlay, which allows tools to be built on top of a standard gentoo build.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Hacking Tricks & Tips For Android
Features Of Parrot Security:
- Custom hardened Linux 4.3 kernel, rolling release upgrade line
- Custom Anti-Forensic tools
- Custom interfaces for GPG
- Custom interfaces for crypt setup
- “Forensic” boot option to avoid boot automounts
- Most famous Digital Forensic tools and frameworks out of the box
Features Of NST:
- Many tasks that can be performed within NST are available through a web interface called NST WUI
- Visualization of ntopng, ntop, Wireshark, traceroute, NetFlow and kismet data
#7 Arch Linux
Features Of Arch Linux:
- Arch Linux uses its own Pacman package manager, which couples simple binary packages with an easy-to-use package build system.
- The minimal Arch base package set resides in the streamlined [core] repository.
- Arch Linux uses a “rolling release” system which allows one-time installation and perpetual software upgrades.
- Arch strives to keep its packages as close to the original upstream software as possible.
Features Of Backbox:
- BackBox has built one of the very first cloud platforms for penetration testing.
- Designed to be fast, easy to use and provide a minimal yet complete desktop environment.
- BackBox is fully automated and non-intrusive, with no agents required and no network configuration changes required to accomplish regularly scheduled, automated configuration backups.
- With the BackBox dashboard overview, you save time and eliminate the need to track individual network devices
Features Of Bugtraq:
- Bugtraq system offers the most comprehensive distribution, optimal, and stable with automated services manager in real time.
- Kernel generic of 3.2 and 3.4 available in 32 Bits & 64 Bits has a huge range of penetration, forensic and laboratory tools.
- The systems are available in 11 different languages
- It has tools like mobile forensic tools, malware testing laboratories, tools of the Bugtraq-Community, audit tools for GSM, wireless, Bluetooth and RFID
Also Read: How To Install Kali Linux On Android