Top 10 Best Operating Systems that are used by hackers 2016
In the cyber world there are lots of hacking attacks that occur daily and they are done by some of the professional hackers and by some of the newcomers who use someone’s else codes and concepts to hack. But the essential thing that every hacker needs is the hacking OS and for that Linux is one of the best choices for the hackers for a long time. So today we are here with some of the best operating systems based on Linux that hackers can use to perform their hacking attacks flawlessly. So have a look on these OS discussed below.
Top 10 Best Operating Systems For Hackers 2016
We are discussing here 10 best OS for hacking with their little bit descriptions and features, you can check them out and download one that you think is well suited for your work. So have a look on these OS below.
#1 Kali Linux
This is one of the most popular OS that is being used by hackers for pentesting and lots of security exploits. This is a Linux based OS that provides you privacy and security from the vulnerabilities that other OS have in it. So must try out this cool OS in your PC.
Features Of Kali Linux
- Full Customisation of Kali ISOs
- The Kali Linux ISO of doom – a great example of the flexibility of live-build, and the types and complexity of customizations possible.
- Kali Linux Live USB persistence with LUKS encryption
- Kali Linux Full Disk Encryption
- Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of other interesting ARM devices
The other well-known Linux based Operating system is backtrack that is being used from few previous years and best known as the OS for network cracking and pentesting. And it’s also the one of the best OS that can perform various network hacks with privacy.
Features Of Backtrack
- One-stop-shop for all of your security needs
- Metasploit for integration
- Wi-Fi drivers supporting monitor mode (rfmon mode) and packet injection
- Cisco OCS Mass Scanner, a very reliable and fast scanner for Cisco routers to test default telnet and enabling password.
- A large collection of exploits as well as more commonplace software such as browsers.
This is one of the best OS for hackers that is just in the form of Live CD. In this, you just have to create a bootable USB of this OS and then simply boot in your PC and there is no requirement to install it, you just have to run it on your PC and do hacking attacks.
Features Of Pentoo:
- Available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the latter having a significant speed increase from 32bit
- Includes the required environment to crack passwords using GPGPU with openCL and CUDA configured ‘out of the box'
- Built on hardened Linux, including a hardened kernel and toolchain
Hardened kernel with extra patches
- Uses a pentoo overlay, which allows tools to be built on top of a standard gentoo build.
The another good operating system that every pentester would love to try out on their PC. This OS is being developed after the great necessity of many things that were not present in another Linux based OS.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Hacking Tricks & Tips For Android
Parrot Security is an operating system based on Debian GNU/Linux mixed with Frozen box OS and Kali Linux in order to provide the best penetration and security testing experience for the attackers and security testers. It is an operating system for IT security and penetration testing developed by the Frozenbox Dev Team.
Features Of Parrot Security:
- Custom hardened Linux 4.3 kernel, rolling release upgrade line
- Custom Anti-Forensic tools
- Custom interfaces for GPG
- Custom interfaces for crypt setup
- “Forensic” boot option to avoid boot automounts
- Most famous Digital Forensic tools and frameworks out of the box
The another best OS for security testing which comes in the form of Live CD and you can directly boot on your computer and you can easily run this OS on your PC and do various hacks on your PC.
Features Of NST:
- Many tasks that can be performed within NST are available through a web interface called NST WUI
- Visualization of ntopng, ntop, Wireshark, traceroute, NetFlow and kismet data
#7 Arch Linux
Arch Linux is a Linux distribution for computers based on IA-32 and x86-64 architectures. It is composed predominantly of free and open-source software and supports community involvement.
Features Of Arch Linux:
- Arch Linux uses its own Pacman package manager, which couples simple binary packages with an easy-to-use package build system.
- The minimal Arch base package set resides in the streamlined [core] repository.
- Arch Linux uses a “rolling release” system which allows one-time installation and perpetual software upgrades.
- Arch strives to keep its packages as close to the original upstream software as possible.
BackBox is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution penetration testing and security assessment oriented providing a network and information systems analysis toolkit. And this OS also provides you the privacy and vulnerable free environment.
Features Of Backbox:
- BackBox has built one of the very first cloud platforms for penetration testing.
- Designed to be fast, easy to use and provide a minimal yet complete desktop environment.
- BackBox is fully automated and non-intrusive, with no agents required and no network configuration changes required to accomplish regularly scheduled, automated configuration backups.
- With the BackBox dashboard overview, you save time and eliminate the need to track individual network devices
After the release of backtrack 5 this OS is being developed and is now one of the best OS used for pentesting and network cracking and it is based on a Linux distribution. Must try out this OS.
Bugtraq is a distribution based on GNU/Linux aimed at digital forensics, penetration testing, Malware Laboratories, and GSM Forensics and is one of the best choices of attackers.
Features Of Bugtraq:
- Bugtraq system offers the most comprehensive distribution, optimal, and stable with automated services manager in real time.
- Kernel generic of 3.2 and 3.4 available in 32 Bits & 64 Bits has a huge range of penetration, forensic and laboratory tools.
- The systems are available in 11 different languages
- It has tools like mobile forensic tools, malware testing laboratories, tools of the Bugtraq-Community, audit tools for GSM, wireless, Bluetooth and RFID
Also Read: How To Install Kali Linux On Android
So above are the Best OS For Hackers. Must try out any of these OS on your PC if you love hacking. Hope you like this article, share this with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.
Thanks for supporting Hacking Tips and Tricks!
Top 10 Best Operating Systems that are used by hackers 2016 Reviewed by Sufyan Minhas on 04:04:00 Rating: